Abundant in vitamin C, lemons belong to the family of citrus fruits that rejuvenate your skin from within , thus enhancing your beauty on the outside. Lemon water on the other hand, has many health benefits, the most prominent of which is stimulating weight reduction which makes it a great weight loss tool.
Lemon water flushes out toxins and is extremely beneficial for the body.
Stimulating digestion and alleviating the process of elimination of waste products from the body, warm lemon water acts as the ideal ‘good morning drink’. It ensures proper bowel function thus preventing the occurence of constipation and diarrhea.
Nutritional Value Of Lemons
With less than 25 calories, a glass of lemon juice is a rich source of nutrients like vitamin C, calcium, potassium and pectin fiber. Plus, it has medicinal and antibacterial properties. Traces of iron and vitamin A can also be found in lemons.
Known for its therapeutic properties, lemon not only maintains your immune system, but it also protects you from common infections. It acts as an efficient blood cleanser too. Moreover, lemon is an amazing antiseptic and lime juice can do wonders for people with heart condition due to its high amount of potassium. So, get into the habit of drinking a glass of warm lemon water in the morning and enjoy its health benefits.
Read on to find out more about the health benefits of lemon water.
16 Health Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water
- Lemon is a valuable source of vitamin C, a vital nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is highly beneficial for colon health and also acts as a powerful antibacterial agent
- It maintains the balance of the pH levels in the body
- The potassium in lemons nourishes brain and nerve cells
- It strengthens the liver by providing the liver enzymes with energy when they are weakened
- It balances the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver in case of a heart burn; thus taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
- Taking warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins from the body
- It helps digestion and stimulates bile production
- It is extremely beneficial for the skin since it prevents the appearance of wrinkles and acne
- It improves and maintains eye health
- It stimulates the production of digestive juices
- It is also a rich source of citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- It prevents the proliferation of pathogenic bacteria causing infections and diseases
- It reduces pain and inflammation in joints and knees because it dissolves uric acid
- It helps cure the common cold
- Lemon juice refills body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
Since lemons are abounding in health benefits, regular lemon juice consumption will have positive effects on your overall health in the long run. Still, you have to bear in mind that lemon juice can ruin the tooth enamel when it comes in direct contact with your teeth. Therefore, it is recommended to consume it diluted, but also to rinse your mouth thoroughly after drinking lemon juice.