Have you ever seen your colleague drinking a glass of green liquid pulp and wondering how anyone can drink that? Well, these green smoothies are an easy and quick way to get large amounts of leafy greens and fruits into your daily diet – and give your body the plant-based nutrients it craves, plus the benefit of making your skin glow. And we promise you that they are delicious and tasty! Try throwing some vegetables into your blender for a bigger beauty boost, inside and out, instead of settling for your go-to strawberry-banana combo every time you need a refreshing and cool smoothie.
Because of the bountiful amount of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals found in leafy greens help prevent inflammation, which can cause all sorts of skin issues from acne to eczema. Plus, vitamins such as E and C, lutein, carotenoids and other powerful phytochemicals found in vegetables and fruits protect against cell damage that can cause even cancer and wrinkles.
- 2 kiwis, peeled
- ½ avocado, peeled
- 1 ½ cups coconut water
- 1 cup spinach
Blend all ingredients well and add a teaspoon of plain or vanilla-flavored pea protein powder, for an even more boosting and filling drink.
- 1 lemon, peeled
- ½ cup chilled mint tea
- 1/2 cup ice
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ cup or 2 leaves romaine lettuce
- 5 drops or 1 packet Stevia
- 5 leaves mint
Blend ingredients well. Then add additional half cup of ice and blend for a few more seconds, as long as you like to adjust the consistency.
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 2 cups ice
- 2 cups cleaned swiss chard, stems removed, leaves roughly chopped, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon chia seed
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- 1 Bartlett pear, core, stem and seeds removed
- 1 orange, peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup water
Put all ingredients in blender and blend them on low speed for 15 seconds, increase to medium speed, then high speed, and process until well blended or 45 more seconds. The pear and banana must be ripe in any smoothie you make or it will not taste good. The orange needs to be completely peeled with the “pith” removed. The pith has a very bitter taste, if you want small children to enjoy the smoothie, too, without added sugars, then this will make the end product sweeter along with the ripe fruit.
- 1 cup coconut water
- 3-4 ice cubes, optional
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ green apple, such as Granny Smith
- ¼ cucumber
- 1 serving probiotic powder or the contents of a probiotic capsule (follow instructions on the bottle)
- ¼ avocado, peeled
- ½ lemon, peeled
- ½-inch slice fresh ginger
Add all ingredients to the blender, except for the ice. You can leave the peel and core on the apple and cucumber, if you have a high-speed blender. If not, you might want to remove them. Blend on high until all the ingredients are smoothly liquidized. Add ice cubes (if using) and blend for another 10 seconds. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 scoop Tera’s Whey Organic Bourbon Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut water or coconut milk
- 2 cups baby kale or baby spinach
- 1½ cups chopped pineapple
- 1 ripe banana, frozen, broken into chunks
Combine all ingredients, making sure to put the liquids in first. Blend on high until smooth, about 1 minute.
Besides giving you the sexy skin you will adore, other benefits include:
- Packed with disease-fighting antioxidants
- Natural energy booster to keep a little pep in your step in the morning.
- Natural weight loss can be a happy side effect of gulping these in place of a typical breakfast
The phytonutrients in leafy greens keep your body’s immune system functioning properly and boosts it.