For the iron to last longer, the iron plate should be cleaned regularly. Here are some tips to do that easily.
- On the iron plate, apply toothpaste and rub it well. Then wipe it with a wet cloth, then with dry one. If necessary, repeat the procedure for several times.
- After ironing, while the iron is still hot, go through a wet towel or aluminum foil.
- With the iron go through a newspaper on which you had put a few drops of vegetable oil. Then go through a clean paper.
- You should be especially persistent when you want to remove plaque from synthetic materials. They may be stuck and hard to remove, so you should use special paste for cleaning and repeat the procedure for several times. Finally rub the iron plate with baking soda.
- Place coarse salt on paper or on old soft cloth and rub it with hot iron until the salt is completely crushed. During that time the iron will be cleaned without any consequences.