Many people add some oil or fat to coffee. You may find this strange and even disgusting.
This is due to the fact that the health experts recommend removing fat and calories from everything we consume. So we often choose to buy non-fat, French Vanilla coffee creamer because being skinny and fit means to avoid completely fatty and caloric food.
But as you get older you realize that being healthy is more important than being skinny and you must know that adding fat to your diet is not going to make you fat. Coconut oil will boost your metabolism and will help in burning calories.
Coconut oil is rich in medium-chain fatty acids, not in long-chain fatty acids. Medium chain fatty acids are digested differently than long-chain fatty acids which lead to a beneficial boost in metabolism. It is proven that 1 to 2 tablespoons of medium chain fats (eg. coconut oil) per day increases energy expenditure by 5% which equals 120 calories a day.
Coconut oil doesn’t make your coffee oily as you may think. Actually this coconut oil coffee creamer will make your coffee creamy and tasty especially if you add honey, vanilla and cinnamon. No preservatives, no artificial sweeteners and no palm –oil.
Consume the coffee with a healthy breakfast and you can start your day!
More Reasons why you should LOVE Coconut Oil Coffee Creamer:
- If you add coconut oil creamer it will not cool down your hot cup of coffee like the milk.
- It won’t change the coffee’s flavor
- You will feel alert and energized for longer period of time!
You can use the following ingredients and if you don’t like your coffee sweet do not add the honey.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, organic (soft but not melted)
- 1/2 cup raw honey (I buy mine from a local source)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder, organic
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, organic (optional!)
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until they are well combined.
Store the mixture in a glass jar with a sealed lid.
How to Use Coconut Oil Coffee Creamer
- Drink your favorite (fair-trade, organic!) cup of coffee.
- Put 1-2 tbsp. of coconut oil coffee creamer into your hot coffee.
- You can also add one teaspoon of grass-fed butter as it will increase its creaminess and flavor!
- Blend the coffee + creamer on high for about 5 seconds.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!!!