A common skin problem, cracked heels can range from a purely cosmetic issue to a painful condition. The most common symptoms include dry skin and thick callus that looks like yellow or dark brown discolored area of skin, especially along the inside border of the heel. Normally, cracks in the skin are visible and unpleasant to the eye.
There are numerous reasons that lead to cracked heels including dry air, lack of moisture, improper foot care, an unhealthy diet, aging, prolonged standing on hard floors and last, but not least, wearing improper footwear. Other conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, diabetes and thyroid disease can also contribute to the problem.
Besides dry, thickened skin, the problem may escalate to redness, itching, inflammation and peeling skin. Taking proper care as soon as the problem appears is highly beneficial for preventing cracks from getting deeper and causing bleeding and pain.
This easy home remedy will help you get rid of cracked heels, calluses and corns in less than two weeks.
- Crush 10 aspirins (acetylsalicylic acid) or andols (acetaminophen) to powder.
- Mix it with 250ml of 70% rubbing alcohol. Store in a small glass bottle.
- Leave the mixture for 1-2 days.
- Every night pour some of the mixture on a cotton or gauze pad. Shake it well before use.
- Wrap your heel in some plastic foil and put a sock on.
- Leave it to act overnight.
- In the morning, rinse with water and towel-dry.
- Apply some glycerin or greasy foot cream afterwards. You can also use a foot scrubber to exfoliate your heels before applying the cream. This will give even better results.
The cracked and callus skin on your feet will disappear after only 10-15 treatments.
NOTE: This home remedy can do wonders for treatment of painful varicose veins as well. The pain declines soon after application.