Even though it is widely known that smoking is bad for us, some continue to smoke because it becomes a habit, a very bad habit. Cigarettes contain many harmful toxins that damage the body. The nicotine in cigarettes can damage the lungs and cause you to have high blood pressure. The nicotine in cigarettes is a very addictive drug.
You are decreasing the amount of vitamin A, C and E in your body if you smoke. These vitamins are the ones that protect the lungs from damage. Vitamin B5 is well known as the anti – stress vitamin because it reduces stress by increasing the production of hormones that fight depression.
These foods can help you flush out the nicotine and other toxins from the body:
- Broccoli: broccoli protects the lungs from damage, and contains high levels of vitamins C and B5.
- Pomegranate: pomegranate helps the blood cell count and the blood circulation.
- Kiwi: kiwi replenishes vitamins A, C, and E that smoking reduces.
- Water: water is the drink of life. Water flushes out the toxins from the body through your skin. Also, you need water to re – hydrate the body because nicotine dehydrates the body, so 8 – 12 cups of water is the recommended dose of water daily.
- Spinach: spinach makes tobacco taste bad, and it is also rich in folic acid and vitamins.
- Oranges: oranges reduce stress, contain high levels of vitamin C and boost your metabolism.
- Carrot juice: carrot juice has vitamins A, B, C, and K that eliminate nicotine from the body. Carrot juice is high in vitamins that replenish the skin’s nutrients to make it glow because nicotine makes the skin look dull.
- Berries: berries help the body flush out the harmful toxins found in the body.
- Dry herbs: dry herbs are rich in vitamins A and E and they reduce nicotine in the body.
So, if you’re trying to quit of if you used to smoke, try these foods to help you resist smoking or to help you quit smoking. And Don’t forget to share the article and help someone in need!