Do you know what moringa is? It is a plant, also known as drumstick or Malunggay. Moringa trees are widely used in South Indian dishes because of their unique texture and taste.
The Moringa tree is grown in Africa and Asia and each part of this beneficial tree from its pods, flowers, fruits, root and bark can be consumed and rich in nutrients.
So, why is moringa so amazing?
Now we will compare moringa with some other common healthy products and foods and you will find out why moringa is so special.
Edible oil, known as Ben oil is produced from Moringa seeds. This oil is rich in nutrients as the olive oil. It is also rich in antioxidants and what is more important this oil has an indefinite shelf life!
Spinach is known to be a rich source of iron, but moringa leaves contain three times more iron than spinach.
Nothing can wake you up in the morning like a cup of coffee but you are wrong, moringa tea is even more effective. The moringa leaves are able to boost your energy level naturally and keep them boosted during the day.
Carrots are rich in vitamin A and that is why they are good for your eyes, but moringa has four times more vitamin A than carrots. Moringa is also rich in beta- carotene.
Do you take multivitamins? Moringa supplements which are made of moringa pods and leaves are proven to be healthier than other supplements on the market as they don’t contain synthetic ingredients.
- Moringa is great for your bones too. It has four times the calcium of milk per gram.
- Moringa has double the protein found in yogurt per gram.
- Moringa has a whopping seven times more vitamin C per gram of oranges!
- Moringa has three times the potassium found in bananas per gram.
The Anti-Cancer Effects of Moringa Revealed By Researchers
Moringa is also rich in many powerful anti-cancer compounds like: rhamnetin, isoquercetin and kaempferol. Recently the researchers have found that Moringa has anti-cancer potential especially against ovarian cancer, liver cancer, lung cancer, and melanoma in lab tests.
But remember it is still not proven that Moringa is actually cancer remedy, but these researches indicate the potential for a starting point for a medicine of the future.
Find out some additional benefits of the moringa plant.
- Can be used to purify water
- Can improve human lactation.
- Is a powerful skin cleanser, and ideal for maintaining healthy, beautiful hair
- Contains nine essential amino acids, 27 vitamins, 46 antioxidants, and various minerals.
- It has no side effects. The moringa plant is suitable for both children and adults.
- Can treat a variety of chronic diseases, bites, wounds, and other ailments.
You can find moringa plant products, some of which can be used in soup and curry dishes, at a South-Indian grocery store or a grocery store that caters to South-Indian cuisine. Surely, once people start buying it, this plant will be used worldwide!