Dark underarms is a common skin problem which occurs due to various factors, including shaving, frequent use of hair removing creams, poor underarm ventilation, excessive sweating, alcohol-based deodorants and antiperspirants, and accumulation of dead skin cells. Fortunately, here you can find simple and effective ways to get rid of dark underarms.
Natural ways to treat dark spots on the skin:
- Potatoes- take a thin slice of potato and rub it on your underarms. Another option is to grate the potato and apply the juice on the affected area. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat the procedure twice a day and you will soon notice the amazing bleaching effects of potato.
- Lemon- rub a lemon on your skin and allow it to act for a couple of minutes. Rinse it after 10 minutes. Finally, apply a moisturizer to prevent irritation.
- Baking soda- combine baking soda and water to get thick paste. Scrub your underarms with the resulting paste and allow it to dry. Repeat the procedure a few times a week. You can eliminate the unpleasant odor of your underarms with baking soda and cornstarch.
- Vinegar- mix vinegar with flour until you get thick paste. Rub the resulting mixture on your underarms and let it dry 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with warm water. Repeat the procedure a couple of times a day.
- Coconut oil- coconut oil is abundant in vitamins and minerals. Apply some coconut oil on your underarms before shower, massage the area 5-10 minutes, and then rinse it off with soap and warm water. Repeat the procedure on daily basis until you obtain visible results.
Here are a couple of ways to prevent dark underarms:
You can try waxing your underarms instead of shaving. Shaving is associated with an increased risk of developing ingrown hairs which lead to dark underarms. Waxing allows the complete hair to come out of the follicle.
Use coconut oil instead of shaving cream since it can make your skin soft and silky.
Exfoliate your underarms once a week to prevent the buildup of dead skin cells.