The article features the sad story of a young woman who almost lost her life due to serious bacterial infection. She’d only made a careless mistake, something which all women can do. Read on and find out how a thoughtless error can cost you a life.
Everything started when she fainted in her bathroom one day. Before that, her health had worsened and she has experienced excessive hair loss. She also lost a couple of nails.
When she reached the hospital, doctors diagnosed her with a toxic shock due to an unusual bacterial infection caused by tampons.
As her health deteriorated rapidly, doctors had no other option, but to put her in an induced coma. This was the only way she could survive the treatment. 8 days she was brought back, but she couldn’t remember anything. In fact, she couldn’t even recognize her daughters.
Her memory loss was a result of the fact that her brain function was also seriously affected with the infection. She could hardly finish a sentence, and her motoric function started to deteriorate as well leading to her inability to walk.
Her recovery was extremely difficult and slow. It took two long years.
Specialists are trying to raise awareness among women and young girls that tampons can pose a serious health risk unless used adequately. Proper hygiene of the intimate parts is a must, especially during a period, and tampons should be changed frequently. In fact, they should never be left inside for more than 8 hours because the blood, warm and wet environment create the perfect environment for proliferation of life-threatening bacteria.
If you find this article useful, don’t forget to share. You may save someone’s life.