Varicose veins are not a pretty sight and they are also very painful. Man can have varicose veins but mostly women suffer from this medical condition. When a person has varicose veins it means that the blood circulation is hampered which makes the veins swollen. They are more than beauty problem and there are some natural remedies which can help in solving this problem.
They can help in unclogging your clogged veins so the blood circulation will improve. They are also recommended by many doctors to their patients with varicose veins.
You can use garlic instead of chili peppers. Garlic will help in reducing the inflammation which appeared due to poor blood circulation in your veins. Numerous experts recommend garlic as a healthy food which needs to be consumed every day. If you cannot consume it because of its strong flavor you can use a garlic cream instead. Just crush some garlic cloves and add some alcohol. Apply the cream on your varicose veins four times a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar
To reduce inflammation you just need to soak a towel or clean cloth in apple cider vinegar and place it on your varicose veins for a few minutes. You can also massage your legs with apple cider vinegar. Start from the bottom part and move upward. But be careful not to apply too much pressure.
Aloe Vera is known to have cooling effect which helps in alleviating pain. The hot Aloe Vera gel can be used for treating varicose veins. Apply the gel and keep it overnight.
These two recipes can also help against varicose veins:
- Leafy Recipe: You will need mint, chamomile leaves, laurel and two liters of water. After you boil all the ingredients wait until they steep for 5 minutes. Then apply the mixture to your varicose veins or put the mixture in a basin or tub and soak your feet in it. You can also add sodium bicarbonate for better results. But be careful as this recipe can cause urticarial in some patients.
- Creamy Recipe: You will need Aloe Vera cream, apple cider vinegar and carrots. Blend all the ingredients until you obtain a thick paste. Apply the mixture for 30 minutes and then wash your legs with water.
There are several other remedies against varicose veins:
- Green Clay Ointment: Prepare balm with green clay and some water. When is ready, apply the balm to your legs or feet before going to bed. In the morning rinse it with water and unscented soap.
- Immersion Baths: Put a sea salt in your tub, one cup of apple cider vinegar and water. Soak your legs in the tub for 20 minutes. You can also massage them.
- Essential Oils: Massage your legs with varicose veins using essential oils. Start with your feet and move upward. You must use gentle circular movements. The massage should be applied before going to bed.
- Chestnut Bark Tea: You will need 50 grams of chestnut bark. Put it in water and boil it for 10 minutes. Drink the hot tea to reduce swelling.
Besides all these natural remedies you must also try to consume healthy food. Many people who are obese or overweight suffer from varicose veins. So you must start eating vegetables, fruits and lean protein.