Use the ancient art of acupressure, and you will be delightful of how it will relieve stress and mitigate some ailments such as flu and cold.
In this article you will learn how to apply some pressure on a precise area of your hand and mitigate sore throat, cough, runny nose and pain.
Acupressure covers the entire surface of your body, unlike acupuncture where you have to get needles into a certain point of your body. Acupressure has a stimulating effect on the entire body.
You can do it by yourself:
Step one: Relax
- Make yourself comfortable in a chair or armchair, before starting
- Do not cross your legs. Breathe evenly
- Rub your hands for a minute to warm them, to increase the energy and make them more sensitive
- Take your opposite hand and place your hands on your thighs
- Start stimulating the desired acupuncture point
- Do not forget to inhale and exhale slowly and deeply if you feel any pain during the massage
What area of your fingers to massage?
Cold: To stimulate the nose and throat, massage the first section of the tip of your thumb.
With this massage you will ease the respiratory problems and difficulties swallowing, cough and nasal congestion.
Sore throat (pharyngitis and laryngitis): Stimulate the lower part of the thumb, to relieve sore throat, difficulty swallowing, hoarseness and other symptoms.
Pain in the sinuses and sinusitis: The corresponding points to sinus cavities are located at the tips of all four fingers except the thumb. You will need to massage these points as close as you can to the tips of the nails.
This will relieve pain in sinuses, headache, dizziness, feeling of pressure in the head, stuffy nose and breathing difficulties, also simulating the secretion of mucus.
Influenza: Apply some pressure on the pads of all fingers.
It will ease pain in muscles and the entire body, providing relaxing and calming effect.
Gently massage the delicate skin between the toes to attain better effect. This will stimulate the lymphatic system.
This will also stimulate the elimination of excess fluids and toxins from the body.
How does acupressure help your body?
Acupressure has several effects on the body:
- Prevention: You will maintain good health by pressuring the main acupuncture points, also this will help in prevention and development of certain diseases
- Diagnostic effect: If you feel great discomfort or pain while pressuring points may point to another problem, that can be related to the function of a particular organ
- Therapeutic effect: To improve overall health with systematic and regular stimulation
The ability to ease tension is the greatest benefit of acupressure, because with pressuring some points directly affects relaxation and restores body balance.
The massage stimulates circulation and oxygen flow, which greatly improves the general state of the organism.
This will stimulate creation of lymph which regulates the elimination of dangerous substances from the organism and stimulate the creation of immune cells.
While applying acupressure you will stimulate the excretion of substances in the organism that trigger pain.
Also the body will start its self-healing process because acupressure will eliminate any blockages in flow of life energy.
That’s why you should find some free time to implement this ancient gift. As you can see it is quite simple and inexpensive, and you will feel better in your own body.