We are all aware that drying clothes indoors is not healthy at all as it causes excess humidity in the air.
Although he knew that it is not healthy, Craig Mather (43) from Bolton dried his clothes indoors and he ended up with severe lung infection. The lung infection appeared due to mold spores which occured because he dried his clothes on the radiators in his living room.
“I started to recover only when I was diagnosed with chronic pulmonary aspergillosis and I was prescribed the specific drugs to combat fungal infections,” stated this father of three children, writes parentdish.co.uk
After the doctor warned him that his problem will become even worse, he stopped drying clothes inside his living room and after 12 months his health improved significantly.
There are many other people who had the same problem as Craig Mather. Doctors warn that drying clothes indoors is linked with various health conditions. This unhealthy habit can increase the humidity level by up to 30% which is an ideal environment for the development of mold spores.
“One bunch of washed laundry contains almost two liters of water that is released into the room. Most of us are immune to infections that grow in these wet conditions, or have a body that can fight the infection. However, patients with asthma may experience problems with coughing and breathing difficulties, and in people with weakened immune systems, such as cancer patients treated with chemotherapy and patients with AIDS and autoimmune diseases, fungi can cause pulmonary aspergillosis. It is a condition that can cause incurable and sometimes fatal lung damage, “stated professor David Denning who recommends to dry your clothes outside or in a dryer, especially not in your bedrooms and living room.