There’s nothing more challenging for women than losing belly fat. Aside from being unattractive in appearance, belly fat can also put you at a higher risk of a number of health issues.
There are a number of factors that contribute to this common esthetic problem – age, nutrient-deficient diet high in sugar and unhealthy fats, sleep deficiency, and stress. As surprising as it may sound, belly fat can often be an issue even for those who eat healthy and exercise regularly.
Fat stored in the body can have a number of functions such as protecting the internal organs, providing energy in case of calorie deficit, and protecting the body from toxins.
In order to eliminate belly fat, first you must find a way to make your body burn the fat as fuel. One way to do this is by producing an energy deficit. In other words, the amount of calories consumed must be lower than the amount of calories burnt.
In addition, exercise further increases the body’s energy requirements while tightening the muscles beneath the belly fat. However, in case of toxin buildup or unhealthy eating habits, fat loss usually takes a lot of time.
Abdominal massage according to Chinese medicine
Exercising the core is beneficial for tightening your abdominal muscles. On the other hand, crunches, planks, and leg lifts are not quite beneficial for melting the fat covering your abs.
Here, we recommend a 2-minute massage technique that’s a form of internal exercise. It cleanses the abdominal area from toxins thus helping you burn belly fat faster.
Plus, this massage technique improves digestion and optimizes the body’s ability to eliminate waste. This Chinese medical massage provides the following health benefits:
- Improved digestion
- Intestinal detoxification
- Burning adipose tissue
- Treating constipation
- Supporting abdominal organ function
- Improving flood flow in the abdominal region
- Treating conditions like nausea, vomiting, and indigestion
For optimal results, it’s recommended to perform this technique twice a day – before breakfast and before bedtime. The instructions are as follows:
- Lie on the floor on your back.
- Rub your hands until hot.
- Put your hand on your belly button.
- Rub in circular motions around the belly button, steadily increasing the circle width. Each movement should take 1-2 seconds. Use firm pressure.
- Your focus should be on the heat – it rises in the abdominal region as you rub.
- Do the massage for 2 minutes, or about 40-50 circles. During the exercise, you should keep your stomach warm.