Tips worth trying.
Grandma’s tips are always useful and valuable, and with them in the kitchen you simply cannot make a mistake. That’s why we bring you a few practical grandmas’ tips that can be used the next time you enter the kitchen.
1. If you do not have sour cream for thickening sauces or soups, a good substitute is a mixture of butter and milk.
2. Grate butter or margarine and you will not have to wait until they soften for the preparation of cakes.
3. Soft cheese before using should be pressed through a sieve to obtain a compact mixture.
4. Cooking any kind of pasta takes a lot of water: for every 250 grams of pasta use about 3 liters of water.
5. The juice from baked cakes with fruit will not flow out of the dough if the dough before baking is sprinkled with semolina or breadcrumbs.
6. Pastry or bread from yesterday should be sprinkled with some water and left for several minutes in a hot oven – it will become crisp and crunchy as if they were fresh.
7. In order to stay lift equally, before baking the biscuit cake, put one macaroon in the middle of it.