One woman’s Facebook post went viral as it contained alarming information about children’s favorite snacks. Namely her daughter experienced an allergic reaction to a popular brand of cereals.
As Misty Lyn noticed the shocking rash spreading throughout the toddler’s legs she couldn’t imagine what might have caused it.
She was afraid that her child came across something poisonous so she asked her husband to tell her what was the girl doing all morning.
Her husband told her that Harper had tried the popular cereal called “Apple Jacks” for the very first time that morning and then Misty realized that they have caused the rush.
So she decided to do some research on this cereals and she was shocked from what she found.
The worried mum wrote “I had to take Harper to the doctors today. I had no clue what gave her this rash until Steve told me that she had “Apple Jacks” cereal for the first time this morning. Poor girl! Did more research on it and this is what I found…”Apple Jacks” has the most popular food dyes known to cause behavioral problems in children; yellow 6, blue 1, red 40 and BHT,”
After her terrible experience, Misty decided to warn other parents about the dangerous products found in the stores.
She also wrote “These food dyes are now illegal in Europe, but perfectly acceptable in America. BHT is a common stabilizer in pesticides, gasoline, lubricants, and soaps, but can also be found in “Apple Jacks”. Yellow 6 has been linked to tumors in lab mice and red 40 has been known to cause severe allergic reactions,”
Some parents might not believe in these warnings but Harper’s severe rash is clear evidence that chemicals and artificial colors can cause allergic reaction.
“Please share with every parent you know. If we don’t talk about these dangerous food dyes, who will?” she concluded at the end.