Recently, the country singer Carelle Mowatt found a blister on her leg. At first, she thought it was just a ringworm and didn`t pay much attention to it. However, as the blister continued growing she knew something was wrong. When the blister burst, leaving an awful wound underneath, she immediately went to the doctor.
The doctors found that the blister developed as a result of poisonous spider bite. Carelle was given antibiotics and she had to change the bandage on her leg every day. She experienced excruciating pain and needed stronger antibiotics. She was given morphine to relieve pain. In spite of the aggressive therapy, the condition got worse and a few months later the wound turned into a big hole which was progressing towards gangrene.
The dead tissues had to be removed so that the flesh and skin could regenerate. Carelle suffered unbearable pain that she had to be held down by a couple of people.
Finally, the infection was successfully treated and Carelle Mowatt`s leg was healed. Now, she tells her story in order to warn people about the importance of not ignoring any medicals symptom, no matter how insignificant it seems.