If you have a bunch of old towels which you don’t plan on using anymore, you don’t have to throw them away. Here’s how you can recycle them and make something really practical out of them.
Check this following video and see how you can make a cute bathroom rug out of some old towels. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 old towels in your favorite colors
- Needle and a thread
- Fold your towels in half and cut them into long pieces, about 2.5-3cm thick. You’ll need about 13 pieces to make a middle sized rug
- Take one piece of each color and saw them at the ends
- Start making a braid and try weaving the edges towards the inside so that you can’t see the cut edges.
- When you’ve finished with the braid start a new one, by adding it to the old one, until you get one really long braid.
- Saw the braids in between as you’re shaping it in a circle and watch as your rug is getting bigger and bigger.
- Saw in the ends and you’re done!