It sounds a little bit scary, but simply, Candida is a kind of yeast, or more precisely it is a fungi, which is located in each of us, on the skin, in the mouth, intestines and other mucous membranes. It is good for us, because as part of the red flora it stimulates and also inhibits the activity of the intestines.
However, if Candida multiplies excessively, it disrupts the body’s natural pH value and releases toxins that penetrate into the bloodstream and intestine and this has negative effects on the immune system. Symptoms of infection are general and non-specific, making it difficult to diagnose the infection and the most common signs of infection are fatigue and weakness. It is estimated that 70% of people have some form of infection in the mouth, intestines or the skin.
The reproduction of Candida is caused by:
– Extended treatment with antibiotics that abolish too many good bacteria
– Consuming a large amount of refined sugars and carbohydrates
– Drinking a lot of alcohol
– The use of contraceptive pills
– The decay of the immune system
– Chlorinated drinking water or water that is found in pools
What symptoms indicate Candida?
– Digestive problems, gas in the stomach and swelling
– Constipation or diarrhea
– Drowsiness, fatigue, feeling mild lethargy
– Difficulties with concentration, reduced memory
– Disproportionate need for carbs
– Dry mouth and bad breath
Fungal infections appear on the skin (athlete’s foot, a fungal infection between the toes, red spots on the skin)
– Weakness in the muscles and pain
– Upsetting increase of vaginal discharge, painful and irritating menstruation
– Vaginal infection, rectal and vaginal itching
If your answer is positive on three or more symptoms, there is a reasonable suspicion that Candida is the cause of your problems. Be sure to see your doctor who will send you to do the necessary tests. Experts recommend if you have any of these symptoms, check the level of IgG, IgA and IgM Candida antibodies, do the urine and stool test which are one of the most accurate tests available.