Heart disease describes a range of conditions that affect your heart including blood vessel diseases, such as coronary artery disease; heart rhythm problems (arrhythmia); and heart defects you’re born with (congenital heart defects), among others. Although modern medicine offers a plethora of medications for treatment of various heart conditions, natural medicine has a lot to offer too.
There is an efficient natural remedy for cardiac problems that applies the medicinal properties of hawthorn (lat. Crataegus).
The healing properties of hawthorn have been passed on from generation to generation for centuries. Dating from Greek and Roman times, hawthorn has long been used to treat various ailments including heart condition. In fact, it is especially beneficial for treatment of heart problems that come with age, like weakening of the heart muscle. Besides hawthorn tincture, hawthorn tea is also highly recommended by natural healers.
Hawthorn tincture is ideal for strengthening the heart muscle; plus, it preserves the health of the arteries and the entire cardiovascular system. This tincture can be used by people who already have a heart condition such as high blood pressure, angina pectoris, various heart defects, atherosclerosis, heart palpitations, irregular heartbeat, and others.
Moreover, this tincture calms the nervous system as it reduces stress, which causes many psychological problems.
How to make hawthorn tincture?
All you need for this miraculous remedy is hawthorn leaves and flowers or fruits along with 90% rubbing alcohol (70% rubbing alcohol can be used instead).
- Chop finely 20g hawthorn leaves and flowers/fruits and put these in a glass container.
- Cover with 1dl alcohol. If you want a greater amount of this tincture, increase the ingredients proportionally, for instance 40g hawthorn plant with 2dl alcohol.
- Close tightly and leave for 3 weeks at room temperature.
- After this period, strain the mixture using gauze.
- Your tincture is ready to use.
Consume 15 drops of this tincture in a little water, 3-4 times a day on an empty stomach or before meals.
You should see the first positive results after three months of constant use. That’s why you’d better start providing larger quantities of hawthorn leaves and flowers and alcohol, so as to have enough of it the three months (e.g. 60g leaves and flowers with 3dl alcohol).
Except for hawthorn tincture, you can also use hawthorn tea. After a few months of use, hawthorn tea reduces heart problems. Hawthorn tea can be made from the leaves, flowers and fruits of this plant.
- To prepare one cup of tea, take one tablespoon or leaves, flowers, or fruits, or a mixture of them all.
- Pour a cup of boiling water and leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid.
- Always freshly prepared, drink 2-3 cups a day, slowly and in small sips. If you suffer from serious heart problems, you need to consume the tea for a longer period of time.
All heart problems can be successfully treated with hawthorn tincture and hawthorn tea. This herb has positive effects on the heart, strengthens the muscle, eliminates arrhythmia, treats heart problems that occur with old age and helps with angina pectoris and atherosclerosis, and regulates high blood pressure.
Moreover, hawthorn was also used in the past to treat pneumonia, menopausal problems and discomforts, bronchitis, aging and epilepsy.
For best results in the treatment of heart problems, it’s recommended that you use hawthorn tincture and tea hawthorn consistently for a minimum of 3 months. Even after those three months, you are safe to continue using these two natural remedies.