Losing weight can be quite strenuous because of the long hours of exercising, but also repulsive because it keeps you away from your favorite sweet snacks. If you have a sweet tooth, the recipe below will help you stay away from unhealthy carbs and at the same time provide you with a super sweet, healthy, protein packed snack.
As these snack balls have nut protein, it’s not recommended they are given to anyone with an almond or tree nut allergy. But, you can replace the nut protein in this recipe with your favorite protein powder.
This snack is gluten free. What’s best, it doesn’t need baking.
- 2 tbsps. coconut oil,
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup,
- 1 cup of gluten free oatmeal,
- ½ almond butter,
- 1/3 of a cup of dark chocolate chips,
- 1 scoop of protein powder (Gluten Free Protein Powder).
Plus, you need a large mixing bowl, a whisk, a tray and some parchment paper.
- Using a food processor, blend the gluten free oatmeal until you get fine powder.
- Then mix your almond butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil together in a large mixing bowl.
- Once these ingredients are well blended, slowly add in the dry oat meal powder.
- Using a whisk mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the mixture into small balls. These may seem like they don’t hold together at first, but, don’t worry as they’ll be ready to eat in a short while.
- Once you’ve made these small balls, put them on some parchment paper to set.
- 5 minutes later put them in the fridge. Make sure they don’t touch each other as they will stick together.
- Leave the balls in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes.
- Depending on ball size, this recipe makes 12-16 balls.
This super sweet snack is ready to enjoy as soon as the protein balls have cooled for about 10 minutes. Be careful that this dessert is so delicious, it disappears even faster than it’s made!