Here you can find the answer to the question that has been bothering you for a long time. What will happen if you find a hair in the food?
Many people find the hair in a plate or dirty toilet seat in a public toilet quite disgusting, but the truth is that usually they are not dangerous for human health.
Hair in food
First we are shocked when we see someone else’s hair in our plate and we stop consuming the meal. But health experts say that there is no risk of getting some disease. Believe it or not, the hair is made up of a protein called keratin and it doesn’t transmit pathogens, according to Popular Science. Health problems will not appear even if it is contaminated.
“It is possible that bacteria staph, which causes diarrhea, to be found on the hair, but it’s very unlikely,” said Maria Colavincenzo, dermatologist at the Faculty of Northwestern
Toilet seat in a public toilet
Toilet seat in a public toilet? The first thing we think when we see one are various diseases and bacteria. The chances that we will pick up bacteria such as E. coli are very small. In case you sit on the toilet, it will get in touch with your skin, and experts say that the bacteria cannot enter through the skin. They need mucous to be transferred, and thus the chances of infection are very small. If they are not in contact with human organism, they can not survive for long.
It is very important to wash your hands before and after going to the toilet, because you touch the door handle and other objects. If you do not wash your hands, the bacteria can be accidentally transferred to the mucous membrane in the mouth.
Insect in food
Our Appetite is quickly gone when we see a bug or insect swimming in our soup. But experts claim that insects are not harmful at all. If we accidentally consume a bug, it will have a good influence on our organism because they are full of proteins.