For many of you who didn’t know, aluminum foil has many other uses that go outside the kitchen including effective treatment of rheumatic pain, burns as well as eye bags. As a matter of fact, Chinese and Russian natural healers commonly use aluminum foil in their healing practices.
A number of studies have confirmed that aluminum foil is extremely beneficial in the treatment of:
– back, neck, arm, leg and joint pain,
– muscular pain,
– effects of inflammatory processes,
– postoperative scars,
Aluminum foil wraps against muscle and joint pain
This natural medicine treatment can successfully relieve pain in the neck, back, arms, legs and joints.
Moreover, it can be used to treat sciatica, rheumatoid arthritis, gout and heel pain.
- Using aluminum foil, wrap the painful area on your body.
- Use a bandage to fix it well.
- Leave it act during the day or overnight.
- Even if the pain affects your arms, elbows, knees or legs, wrap the foil around your extremity fastening it with a bandage.
- You should do this treatment for 10-12 days before you take a 1- or 2-week break.
- If the pain continues, repeat the treatment.
Flu and cold treatment
Aluminum foil is a great tool for fighting infections. If you want to avoid taking antibiotics, this aluminum foil treatment is just what you need in days when you are bedridden due to flu or cold. It can help you get over a strong cold in just a couple of days in a completely safe and natural way.
- Wrap your feet in 5-7 layers of foil. Don’t forget to put cotton or paper between the layers.
- Leave the wrap like this for about an hour, then remove it.
- Two hours later, repeat the procedure using a new wrap.
- Again leave it for an hour.
- Take another two-hour break before placing the third and last wrap.
- Continue with this treatment for seven days.
Aluminum foil for burns
Aluminum foil can successfully alleviate the pain from burns caused by fire, hot water, oil, steam and other liquids.
- Hold the burn under cold running water for several minutes.
- If your skin isn’t damaged, dry it with a clean, soft cloth.
- If your skin is damaged, absorb the water from the wound using sterile gauze.
- Dry the wound carefully before applying a thin layer of ointment to prevent the gauze from sticking to the wound.
- Using sterile gauze, cover the burn.
- Put some aluminum foil over the burn (if the burn is not open) or over the gauze (in case of an open burn) and fasten it with some bandage.
- Leave the foil until the pain diminishes.
Alleviating post-amputation or phantom pain
According to research, aluminum foil can also be used to address the pain following amputation of an extremity, also known as phantom pain.
The findings of a study on amputees published in the British Journal of Pain reveals that the post-amputation pain was far milder in the group of patients whose limbs were wrapped in aluminum foil as opposed to the group who didn’t undergo such treatment.
- Wrap some aluminum foil around the amputated limb.
- Fasten with bandage, and
- Remove when the pain lessens or disappears.
Treating insomnia and fatigue
Using aluminum foil for facial treatment is highly recommended by a number of beauticians and makeup artists worldwide due to the fact that this treatment can refresh and reenergize your face after a sleepless night.
- Put some aluminum foil strips in a freezer for a few hours.
- Apply the frozen strips on the areas on your face you want to refresh – your face, cheeks or eyelids.
- Leave them act for several minutes or until you feel your facial muscles have relaxed.
- Remove the strips and you’ll see that the signs of insomnia, fatigue and stress on your face have disappeared.
Which side to use?
Both sides of aluminum foil are used, only for treatment of various conditions. For instance, for warming and keeping the heat in the body part you are treating, use the shiny side on the inside, directly on the skin, while keeping the matte side on the outside. On the other hand, for cooling and heat protection, use the matte side on the inside, and the shiny side on the outside.
However, many health practitioners believe that both sides of aluminum foil are just as efficient so it makes no difference which side you use.